Saturday, November 25, 2006

Carving Shostachovic, Listening to Talc

My updates on the morphological alter-ego of the Knight. It is more like a serpent than a horse, I do say. Extinguished are hopes that this will resemble the knight of my minds eye; set aflame are hopes that this will resemble a violent snake-horse - venemous and loving, chagrin and exacting.

Above: Post carving, early sanding.


Above: Same.




Above: Post carving, mid sanding. I ran out of paper, so the rest will have to wait until another moment of enthusiasm reaches me and I take this up again. Right now my kitchen table is wine stained and covered with a mound of talc powder. Soft, though...very soft table.

Last night it was to NQ arbuckle that I carved, tonight it was to Shostachovic (I know that only because it is what CBC tells me....I would otherwise be far from recognizing anything of that genre, however calming) - so perhaps carving is not only carving for itself, but carving out a new realm of listening too.

No comments: