Thursday, March 29, 2007

27 Hours Remaining: The Rheostatic Conclusion

Frantic double checks with the airlines have ended with the resolution that I simply cannot make it. Evading the self-doubt that there may have been more I had done to get there, I now watch the clock check of each second until they hit the stage for the last time and I sit enthroned with regret and tearful memories.

Tears are not enough.

Memories sweetened by ale and reverberating sounds of the boys' past performances.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trevor,

I totally sympathise (or is empathise a better word?) It's already Friday here in Australia, and instead of working I'm trawling the internet for something to assuage the pain of not being in Toronto right now...

:)
s.

Trevor said...

Thanks for the sympathy...but lonliness and memories, soothed by loops of music, is the only consolation at this point. If only it could have been a farewell tour...perhaps a movie will be made?

Trevor said...

I trust you have become familiar with www.rheostaticslive.com

If not, jump on it and download away.