Friday, November 24, 2006

Everywhere you go, you shall be deep in snow...

Alas, although it has ben here for some time now, the snow has really started to take a hold on the land. SO, I thought I would honour it with some time here. Today I went for a nice hike through the forets of PG. We have had constant snow for the last few nights, continuing into today, and it has made a very stunning looking PG - the snow seems to hide the mills and refineries. This first one is my ode to snow:




This is me, obviously, wanderlust in the woods. Usually on fridays I am hip deep in water hiking through salmon territory, but this week my contract ended so I found myself with nothing to do on a friday. And the weather was beautiful, too. So, add it all up, I headed out to the woods. Took a camera and some lunch with me and had an afternoon of it. The scnery in this forest is so strikingly beautiful, with the snow clinging to the angle hair, or old mans beard (lichen; depends on who you ask as to what it really is called) and tuffs of vegetation pitting itself against the weight of the snow...hard to explain.



Ubiquitous snow scenery view vista outlook...you get the idea...from the forest. Guess who tried to walk along the periphery of the pond with sorels? Yup.
Guess who got a soaker and a mitt full of crunchy dry snow? Yup.


Looking up...way up...past the trees.....through the atmosphere....to everything beyond.




Look down - a scenic shot of a tree top and the trees in the background.

And to the left here is the woodpecker.

What the damn happened to these pictures?!? Things have been working so perfectly so far and then these two seem to go their own route. Hmmm.....no matter.

No comments: