Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eye got perfect on my latest exam

....they couldn't even invent a problem with my eyes. I lack colour perception.....whatever.....but 20/20.

And I was petrified that I would have to shell out my life savings (I obviously don't have a great deal of savings...) to embrace ocular support.

Peculiar, though, that one of the questions on the information sheet was 'what do you do with your eyes". I realize now, and did then, that they wanted to know what I do most that may strain my eyes, or if they are a pertinent and/or overused item (reading the bible and thus causing eye bleeding....not to mention brain malfunction - the anathema of religion and faith itself; computer tech; pilot;...) but it was a frantic jostle in my mind not to point out the obviousness of the question.

I should have said that I usually use them everyday for almost everything....but I thought sarcasm a poor choice when they could just slap me with a $500 lens fee at their discretion. So, I played it polite and said I only use my eyes for reading and hiking - me keeps them closed otherwise.

They did tell me I had a big head, though. I think she was trying to be helpful...

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: