Saturday, December 08, 2007

Trials of a Winter Bicyclist - going to work

Here are some videos of my regular morning shtick. The thermometer was yelling quite convincingly that at -27 one should be prepared for frigid bones! At least I was bundled up, whereas Crystal had to stand on the porch with only her bare feet and grass skirt on as she filmed my departure.

Warmer days to come....

Above: Me leaving the back door and porch, wading through the snow.

Below: Me leaving the driveway and heading out. Descriptive, I know.

...did you catch my good-bye wave as I rounded the corner?!?

Interestingly enough, after weeks of contemplation as to when the streets would actually be cleared, as I left for work the city workers were just starting to clear these side streets. So, I was able to bike home to a snowy, but not icy - in the form of compacted snow - roads. Either way, I don't care. My tires ROCK and I'm beating cars on the road. Eat my snow, carophiles!

No comments: