Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Livinston Springs: A hike upon the snow...

These are actually from a few weeks ago. The snow should have long since departed from our ample soils, but it lingered...it lingers. The thaw is definately here, and I got my first taste of a warm sun on my face as I drained a cup of java and meandered my way through thick literacy studies on my back deck tonight.

It felt good.

Well then, here are some random and recent pictures:

The first flicker of the season, at least the first one I have seen since last fall.

ABOVE and BELOW: Whipping up some pizzazi pizza on a snowy spring evening.




Old trail marker pointing the way to the Livingston Spring trapping cabin. The route is awfully flat and uneventful, other than the fact you are walking through a cemetary of pine trees. Once at the cabin though...it gets beautiful!


The cabins themselves, worth the wintery trek.



No comments: