Monday, January 29, 2007

An end to a literary era: for me

And in the end, the subversive powers of all characters rang their tunes in equality and in equity; they did what they should do, and the sadness that reigns in my thoughts now is a spiritual discourse only. Sadness, of course, is only precursor to happiness. Happiness, of course, is only ignorance of reality. For now, I am happily seated in my ignorance of reality, and sate in my memories of friends: Doc, Bonnie, Hayduke, Seldom Seen Smith. Thanks for your vision, thanks for your tales, see you again someday - maybe.
I'm proud of you.
For now, I will put you all on my shelf and rest my sheepish gaze to you when I am in need of your woeful confidence and your inspirational philosophy, courage and lucid action. I will keep in touch, but never again with the same feverish pace as I did these last few days. I hope you understand.

Everyone lives!

...for a while.

Thanks Edward Abbey.


(1927-1989)


The End.

No comments: